Dilapidated double front Victorian timber dwelling and assorted outbuildings located on a large site. The dwelling had been subdivided into multiple smaller rental units. The site possessed good access to the main street and also access to a rear laneway
Restore front portion of existing dwelling to former glory. Design a contemporary 2 storey rear addition + a rear upper office/studio over double garage & carport (accessible from rear laneway).
- Sympathetic to street integration, recessive upper floor and roof lines (attic type construction)
- Separate parents area to upper floor including breakout living space, external secluded deck
- Prominent articulation to all new walls avoid bulkiness
- Orientation of new buildings to achieve maximum natural and northern light throughout the day/introduction of internal light courts.
- Use of traditional timber weatherboards and metal roof materials with pressed red bricks to laneways and garages
Immaculately restored and detailed dwelling that uses light and space to maximum effect. External and internal areas blend to create entertainment and living spaces that can be utilized all year round.